Over 65’s

At South East Volunteers, if you live in the City Of Monash, we have services that may help you to feel confident to continue to live independently in your own home well after you reach the age of 65.

Our services for residents 65 and over include:

  • Transport – to allied medical appointments and seniors clubs and more
  • Social Activities – regular activities, including lunches, cinema, craft, walking, Ageless Grace gentle exercises, with transport to your door included

These 2 services are low cost, with fees dependent on pension status, activity, and distance travelled.

They are part of the Commonwealth Home Support Program. (CHSP)

To access these 2 services, you will need to register with My Aged Care and ask to be referred to us for these services.

To register for My Aged Care, phone 1800 200 422 or go to www.myagedcare.gov.au

If you would like to know more before registering for My Aged Care, please phone us on (03) 9590 5700

You do not need to be registered with My Aged Care to be eligible to join our Monash Community Safety Register.

We can register you directly. It is a free service and is funded by the City of Monash.

*You may access this service even if you are between the ages of 50 and 65.

Please phone us at South East Volunteers on (03) 9590 5700 for more information.